To become a member of Somerset Regional libraries you need to complete an application form and provide proof of identity, including your current permanent address details. Drop in to one of our branches to sign up.
Membership is free and open to everyone (residents and visitors). Children under the age of 16 will require a parent or guardian to complete the membership registration.
When you become a member
As a member of Somerset Libraries you can -
- Borrow or renew 15 items for a 3 week loan period
- Renew items twice providing the item has not been reserved by another customer
- Reserve up to 15 items. Reservation of library items is free and allocated items will be held up to 2 weeks for collection from each branch.
A parent or guardian obtaining membership for a child under 16 acts as a guarantor for that child’s membership. Children remain the responsibility of their parent or guardian while in the library. This responsibility extends to:
- Items borrowed on the child’s card for whom they are guarantor
- The selection or borrowing of library materials by the child
- The use of internet and library equipment; and
- The behaviours of children within the facilities or attending library programs.
On joining you will receive a library card which must be shown each time you borrow and choose a personal identification number (PIN) providing access to online services.
Borrowed items can be returned to any Somerset library branch during opening hours or in the after-hours return chute.
You can renew your loan online or at any branch (in person or by telephone).
Requests and Reservations
Members may reserve items which are on loan to others. Reservations can be made online via the library OPAC or staff are happy to place inter-library loan requests for items not in our collection from a network of regional and state libraries.
Members are notified when items arrive and they have 14 days in which to collect them.