Food Info - Licence
Who needs a food business licence?
If you handle or prepare unpackaged food, you generally will require a licence. Examples of unpackaged foods that require a licence are:
- fruit or vegetable juice that is processed at place of sale
- cakes, muffins or biscuits with fresh cream or custard in the filling or icing
- takeaway food such as hot chips and hamburgers
- making food by combining ingredients such as jams, sauces, curries or soup
- bread and bread rolls
- sandwiches, including toasting sandwiches at a cafe
- bulk coffee that is repackaged into smaller containers
- any other unpackaged food that is not exempt.
This is not an exhaustive list and if you still have queries about the type of product you are going to prepare and sell, contact Council.
Find out more about the licensing requirements for child care and the licensing requirements for outside school hours care.