A petition is a formal written request placed before Council requesting a particular action. Petitioning is one of the traditional forms by which citizens can make requests direct to Council.
- contain a minimum of 10 signatures;
- contain the names and addresses of signatories;
- include the postcode of all petitioners;
- be signed by persons who are residents or ratepayers of Somerset Regional Council;
- be worded in respectful language;
- be typewritten or otherwise legible with no alterations;
- contain the requested action and the signature of the principal petitioner on each page.
It is recommended that the provided template be utilised in order to ensure that all requirements are met.
Petitions are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Somerset Regional Council and either posted to PO Box 2, Esk Qld 4312 or hand delivered to one of our customer service centres at Esk, Kilcoy or Lowood.
The principal petitioner will receive all correspondence regarding the petition.