Health Info - Mosquitoes
How to reduce mosquito breeding
Mosquitoes breed in fresh or salt water and almost any site or container holding water. Some examples of places where they breed include:
- buckets and containers
- saltmarsh coastal areas
- pot plant bases
- inside plants that catch water such as bromeliads.
Find more information on mosquito breeding places.
Remove potential mosquito breeding sites by:
- tipping out any water in plastic containers, buckets, pot plant trays
- clear your roof guttering of rotting leaves
- dispose of fallen palm fronds and coconut shells
- throw away empty containers, tyres or anything else that catches rain around the yard.