Food Info - Operate
Food handling and preparation
Cross contamination is the transfer of bacteria from one item to another. It may happen through direct contact, leakage of juices, incorrect food handling, or equipment or work surfaces. Find out more about cross contamination and how to prevent it.
You need to ensure the water you use in your food business is safe. If you don't have access to a reticulated or town water supply you need to follow the Queensland Health guidelines on the use of non-reticulated water in a food business. You can find out more about water quality in the Australian drinking water guidelines.
Handling different foods
You can find out more about handling different types of foods:
- Preparing food from vertical rotating spits
- Safe handling of ice
- Food safety guidelines for the preparation and display of sushi
- Food Safety practices in preparing and cooking a hangi
- Food safety information for doggy bags
- Sushi safety
- Egg safety for food businesses.