Page Navigation

Entertainment events - Info

Related Applications


Food business licence

Food vendors selling or serving food during an event may need a food business licence.  


Liquor licence

If you intend to sell or serve alcohol on the premises you will need to apply for a liquor licence. Visit the Business Queensland website for information on liquor licences.


Pyrotechnics approval

If you intend to use special effects such as pyrotechnic explosions or fireworks, you need approval from Queensland Government. You must also advise Queensland Police Service, and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.


Road closure permits

If you intend to close a road, lane or Council parking bay, contact Council. If the proposed closure is on a state-controlled road, you will need written permission from the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads. Note that you must get final approval from Queensland Police Service for the road closure.