Page Navigation

PAS - Info

How to apply for a higher risk personal appearance service licence


You only need to apply for a licence if your business is providing any higher risk personal appearance service such as tattooing and body piercing. 

The applicant for a licence must be a legal entity (e.g. person/s or a company.  Note - a trust name, business name or shop name is not a legal entity and cannot be the licence holder).

If you are operating in two separate locations within one Council area, you only need one licence.

If you have a mobile business (e.g. caravan) you only need a licence from the Council where you store your vehicle. You can use your licence all over Queensland, as long as you notify the Council at least seven days before you want to operate in their area and provide:

  • your higher risk personal appearance service licence
  • your employees' infection control qualifications
  • dates you intend to operate
  • locations you intend to operate.

A new application is not required for minor changes (e.g. a change of contact details). Contact Council for these changes.

PAS Info - Apply: Application process – Somerset Regional Council